Sunday, June 17, 2012

Things I learned from my Dad

I'm a Daddy's girl, always will be.
Being my Dad's only girl I definitely feel a special bond with my Dad. I feel very lucky to have a Dad who taught his sons and daughter so many things. I don't know anyone else who knows so much about so many different topics. Things I learned from my Dad cover anything from how to sand and paint my own car at sixteen, working hard at his shop then fitting in time to play hard in the desert, enjoying physical activity like swimming, running, hiking and more, how to four wheel drive and get myself out of tough situations not only with cars but other things as well. He taught me to love learning and that combining learning with common sense is invaluable, he taught me about being honest with myself, and even though he's an ocean away he still teaches me when I talk to him on the phone about things like 401 K's and investing.  My dad always amazes me with his knowledge but most of all I'm amazed at the wonderful, dedicated, loving father he Always is. I love you so much Dad!  

2 comments:

  1. Not as many tears this time around, of course that could be because I'm spoiled and my dad came into town on Saturday, just in time to celebrate! Gotta love dad's and their knowledge!

    ReplyDelete